Monday, March 16, 2009

Will I ever get to my goal???

this post is going to be nothing but complaining for a while since i don't have anyone else to complain to right at this moment!!
as you all know i am trying to get into the navy. but the only thing that is really stopping me...(ok maybe two things) is trying to lose the rest of my weight and meeting the pt requirements.

for some unknown reason i can not lose my last 10 pounds!! i can't seem to get over this hump!! i would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what i could do to accomplish this goal.

my secind goal that i cant accomplish right now is meeting two of the three pt requirements! i can get the amount of sit ups that are required but i cant get the amount of push-ups and run the 1.5 mile in the correct time!

the whole push-up thing is going to kick my but!! i have such long arms that it seems like i have to actually go down a mile and then try to get back up!! plus i dont have that much upper body strength so that could be part of the problem as well!

and trying to run a 1.5 mile in 14 to 13 mins is not happening right now, but i think that to accomplish this goal shouldnt be too bad. i just have to keep running more than i have and i should get there.

but other than that, i am getting closer to trying to become an officer. i took my ASTB test last friday and i have to wait for my results until this friday the 20th. this is going to be the longest week of my life i think! i just hope that i did well enough to pass.

so thats about it for me complaining...thanks for listening and until later,

<3

2 comments:

  1. You KNOW that as you aim for your PT goals the weight will come off.
    Just look at this looooooooooooong week as "extra" work out time.
    (Is that a good thing?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, unfortunately good PT scores come with plain old boring hard work. When I joined the Navy and started working out hard core to try to prepare for boot camp, I could only do 4 real honest-to-god push-ups. 4! But I did a couple sets of 4 several times every day until I could do five, etc., and every few days I would bump the number up a little more. Now I can do 50 or 60 without breaking a sweat. It's all about forcing yourself to do something that you really have no desire to do, because it hurts like hell. :) You'll get there, just keep working hard. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete