Wednesday, July 1, 2009

**Updates**

So today I am moving back into my parent's house. I don't think that it should be too bad of a move since I have most of my things alrady over there and plus it is onl y a few minutes away from where I am now. So hopefully, everything will go alright after I move back in since I am use to doing anything that I wanted to without having anybody questioning me what I was going to be doing. So that's what is new in my life right now. I know..pretty exciting right?? yeah, not so much lol
****started this a couple of days ago, move went great, just have to get everything organized now***

on the other hand, some updates on what I have written about earlier:

Internship: still looking for one. but the good news is that i now only have to work 20 hours a week for it instead of 40. this is pretty good since i dont have to keep looking for a paid one..which let me tell you..i dont think that they exist!! so keep your figers crossed that i find one pretty soon. i am hoping to get one by this the end of this week.

Navy things: so on my winery trip the past week, i learned about the college fund that is available that you can get that adds more money whenever you get the G.I. Bill. So I thought that this was a pretty good deal. When I got home I researched about it a little then headed to go talk to the recruiters about this. But as it turns out, I wouldn't be able to get this until after I have been in for 3 years. Not as soon as I would like it to be.

But my only dilemma is that, if I take the LRP right now, I won't be able to get the GI until I reenlist and the catch with the college fund is, from what I have read about it, that you have to ask for it when you first enlist. So what I am trying to decide is just take the LRP or not? Because if I could possibly get quite a bit extra from the college fund I could use that to pay on my loans that I have. But my only question is that, would I still be able to get it if I wait until I reenlist after my first five years are over?

Also found out that if I do decide to go to school when I first start out that I would only be able to get Tuition Assistantance since the GI doesn't start until after I am in for 3 years. This would only pay for the tuition and not the books or anything else that I may need. Again, still not a bad deal. I would much rather pay for books and not have to worry about paying the tuition any day. I guess I could do this if I took the LRP or not. What to do????

I have came to the conclusion that I hate having to make hard decisions, but I guess that is just part of growing up and I need to get use to it.

Well thats about it for the updates,

until later,

No comments:

Post a Comment