Friday, June 26, 2009

~ Crazy Friday ~

So today was suppose to be just a normal Friday, just like any other day after I get off from work.

So my plan for today after I got off from work at 0730 was to go over to Marion and go to Wal-Mart and pick up a card for my parents anniversary and then go running. So not a too bad of a plan I thought.

So I was almost to Wal-Mart and then I heard a thud sound and I thought something fell off of my car. I looked back and didn't see anything, and this is where my day goes down hill. Then I heard an awful sound while I was driving. Thankfully I was close to a turn lane. So I turned off of the highway and into an old parking lot...got out and then just as thought...I had a flat tire!!

I was going to change the tire myself...I even had the owner's manuel out just for a guide. I got everything out and then I was going to get the jack out...and thats where it hit a dead end. Somehow they have it locked into a holder and all that you have to do is unscrew it to loosen it and then slide it out. Apparently it hasn't been used because it to tight for me to get.

There I sat...with my back hatch up waiting for someone to stop and help me. Well, needless to say no one would stop. So thank goodness we have roadside assistance through Verizon wireless. Which was nice because they will come and help and it won't cost me anything. Well the wait time at the most would be 1 hour and 55 minutes!! I didn't want to wait that long, especially since it was getting hotter by the minute.

While I was waiting for the service to show up, this guy on a Harley shows up and offers to help me change the tire Thank You God!!! So he was nice enough to stop and help since everybody else and their mother just drove by. In the meantime I cancled the roadside assistance, since they were taking too long.

And the really great part about it was that my spare tire is actually a normal tire that you can drive around on and not have to worry about getting a new one. He did a great job changing it and it didn't take too long to change either. I told him I wish that I could give him something for helping, but then he told me that he wouldn't take anything because he was just being nice.

I wish that there were a lot more people like Jimmy who would stop and help people out like me in this situation. So hopefully there will be some way to repay the kind act to someone else. So I will keep a look out for some way that I can help someone else.

Over all, got my tire fixed, which only was $15..so not too bad! And then I went running. Not the greatest time that I have ever ran...but at least I went lol.

So I hope that you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie, sounds like you had quite the adventure. Glad you were okay and that you got your tire changed and that it only cost $15! That's a bargain. The shoes I got were GT-2140™ and the link is on my post. They are super comfy! You should get a pair. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete